Problems with p-element vectors made with gateway system?

anthony oro oro at cmgm.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 9 15:31:47 EST 2002

Fly gurus,
        We're wondering if there is any experience using p element
transformation vectors (for example pUAST) made by gateway cloning
(invitrogen).   Is there any difference in expression or mobilization
from a p-element having the 20-odd basepair recombination site
internally in the polylinker?  We are making  p-element transformation
plasmids this way, but would like to know if we are getting ourselves
into trouble.

Thanks,

Tony

---