Deficiencies in 85C

Christian Mosimann christian.mosimann at
Sun Oct 20 13:19:57 EST 2002

I am having a hard time finding Drosophila deficiency strains for the region 85C, in particular 85C1-3.
The ones that can be found on FlyBase mapping to this region have references from the late 80ies-early 90ies, so it's not surprising that my e-mails to some of the refered people had no positve replies. The region seems to be quite tricky to maintain as deletion. Bloomington has only Df(3R)p-XT103, but especially Df(3R)CA4B, Df(3R)p30, Df(3R)p21 or Df(3R)p-XT9 would be very useful.

Does anyone have a deficiency stock of this region which could be shared with me? Thank you very much for your help.

Christian Mosimann
Institute of Molecular Biology
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190