Statistic on intron

J. Rinehart jrineharNOSPAM at snake.eou.edu
Mon Sep 16 10:45:59 EST 2002

>From GENES VII (Lewin, 2000), page 55:

There's a graph showing the proportions of noninterrupted, singly
interrupted, etc. genes for yeast, flies, and "mammals" (assumption on my
part here is that this refers to mouse but it may be some sort of
composite). According to this chart, 96% of budding yeast genes are
uninterrupted but only 17% of a fly's genes are that way. For mammals,
it's 6%.

Perhaps that will help

Rinehart