Research Scientist position available

sheetal.shah at syngenta.com sheetal.shah at syngenta.com
Wed Apr 2 12:15:24 EST 2003

We are looking to recruit a Drosophila geneticist to come and work with us
at our international research centre located in the Berkshire countryside
(within commuting distance from London), in the U.K. The job requirements
are described below, and this ad will also run in this week's Nature and New
Scientist.

Drosophila Geneticist
Jealott's Hill, Bracknell, Berks

You will join a small team in our Bioscience department, working alongside
teams of chemists, biochemists, molecular biologists, physiologists and
protein scientists. You will apply genetics in model invertebrate systems to
the insecticide invention process.

An expert in modern Drosophila genetics, you will have a minimum of three
years' practical experience including a solid background in the design and
execution of genetic mutagenesis screens, mapping, transgenic fly
generation, and be able to recommend the most appropriate tools and
methodology. A good all-round knowledge of modern practical, theoretical and
molecular Drosophila genetics is important with equivalent familiarity with
C.elegans being an additional benefit.

In return for your drive, enthusiasm and commitment, you can look forward to
an attractive salary and the range of benefits you would expect from the
UK's leading agribusiness.

To apply, please send a full CV, quoting ref: Bioscience/32, to:
Human Resources, Syngenta, Jealott's Hill International Research Centre,
Bracknell, Berkshire RG42 6EY.
Email: opportunities.r-t at syngenta.com
Closing date: 18th April 2003.

---