POSTDOCTORAL POSITION(S) AVAILABLE

Dave Featherstone def at uic.edu
Tue Apr 22 08:20:42 EST 2003

Two NIH funded postdoctoral positions are available immediately in the
lab of David Featherstone at the University of Illinois at Chicago.  We
are using Drosophila to identify and study genes required for
postsynaptic development and function.  Our lab is relatively new
(started fall 2002), but extremely well equipped.  In addition to
typical fly genetics, we do a lot of confocal miscroscopy (we have our
own confocal in the lab), patch-clamp electrophysiology on embryonic
NMJs (almost everything we do is in embryos), and real-time PCR (we
have our own real-time PCR machine).  Candidates must have demonstrated
experience in either Drosophila genetics/molecular biology or
patch-clamp electrophysiology.  For more information see, see:
http://tigger.uic.edu/~def/ and/or
http://www.uic.edu/depts/bios/faculty/featherstone-d.htm.

Applicants should send (preferably via email) a copy of their C.V. with
names and address of three references, to: def at uic.edu (or: Dave
Featherstone, Dept. of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at
Chicago, 840 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607).

David E. Featherstone
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
SEL 4311 (M/C 067)