RNAi screening center opens up at Harvard Med School

Ian T. Flockhart iflockha at genetics.med.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 4 08:00:50 EST 2003

We are openning a public center for performing full-genome RNAi screens
in Drosophila.  To characterize gene functions on a genome-wide scale in
Drosophila, we have generated in collaboration with Dr. Renato Paro's
group (Heidelberg, Germany) a library of double-stranded RNAs (dsRNAs)
directed against all predicted open reading frames. This resource can
now be used to conduct high-throughput cell-based RNA interference
(RNAi) screens to identify genes involved in various assays.   The goal
of the Drosophila RNAi Screening Center (DRSC) is to make this
technology available to the community and to provide a central database
of RNAi screening results in Drosophila.

For further information about the DRSC, please visit our website at
http://flyRNAi.org

---