Postdoctoral position

Yutaka Nibu yun2001 at med.cornell.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:27:09 EST 2003

To whom it may concern,

I wish I post my ad below to this mailing list. I have sent the same
email to  biosci at net.bio.net. biosci at net.bio.net might not be right
address.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks.

[bio.dros] Postdoctoral position

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study mechanisms
of transcriptional repression in the Drosophila. We are focusing on
the role of transcriptional corepressors, dCtBP and others, in
short-range repression.  Another project aims to understand
development of head region in the early embryo. We will identify
transcriptional activators and repressors .  Yeast two-hybrid assays,
in vitro binding assays, protein purification, creation of transgenic
flies, in situ hybridization, RNAi in flies and/or tissue cultures,
and bioinformatics will be employed.

Candidates should have experience in either Drosophila genetics,
Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology.  Applicants must have either a
Ph.D. or MD and less than three years of postdoctoral experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter, a CV, and names of 3
references to the address below (e-mail is preferred).

Yutaka Nibu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology,
Weill Medical College of Cornell University,
1300 York Avenue - Box 60,
New York, NY 10021, USA
Fax:   +1-212-746-8175
e-mail:   yun2001 at med.cornell.edu