2nd announcement for DROSOPHILA IMAGE AWARD

David Bilder bilder at socrates.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 4 09:24:46 EST 2003

Dear Drosophila Colleagues,

This is a second reminder that submissions are now open for the
Drosophila Image Award.  The first annual award will be presented at
the upcoming Drosophila Research Conference in Washington, DC in
March of 2004.

The Image Award program, originally announced at last year's
Drosophila Research Conference, has been initiated in recognition of
the important role that compelling images have played in Drosophila
research.  To encourage and celebrate the continuing creation of such
images, each year ten finalists will be selected to have their images
displayed on the opening evening of the conference.  One winner will
receive special recognition in the form of a plaque with the winning
image framed.

The Award will be given to the most striking image that clearly
conveys a point of important biological information in Drosophila
research.  All images that have been or will be published in a
primary research journal in 2003 are eligible.  Submissions can be
made electronically to imageaward at socrates.berkeley.edu.

We have already received a number of excellent candidate images, and
we encourage you to submit your own work for consideration, or to
bring such work to the attention of the committee.   Submissions are
open until Feb. 1, 2004.

Please see http://www.faseb.org/genetics/g-gsa/dros-image.shtml for
more details.

Sincerely,
The Drosophila Image Award Committee (2003)
David Bilder
Peter Lawrence
Liqun Luo
Laurel Raftery