rucuca files

"isaac garcia-murillas BI isaac.garcia-murillas at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:05:58 EST 2003

Hi there!

I am working with rucuca flies (Bloomington stock no: 576) but I am having some troubles with the progeny yield. I grow them in cornmeal/dextrose/yeast extract (+nipagin) at 25C and 60% humidity. I tried to improve the number of progeny by mating few parents, and also by overcrowding the vials/bottles, but it seems it does not have a consistent effect and the yields still poor! Any suggestion in how to improve them would be much more than appreciated!!

Isaac
---