ACADEMIC POSITIONS CARDIFF UNIVERSITY (UK)

Mike Taylor TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 15:09:56 EST 2003

I would be grateful if you could post the following information on
academic positions (from Lecturer to Professor) available at Cardiff
University (UK).

Dear All, the advertised closing date for these positions (vacancy
number 026) is 27th February, 2003.  If you think they may be the
thing for you please send an email to me, Mike Taylor
(TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk), as soon as possible to express your interest.  A
more formal application can then follow.  All areas of genetics and
developmental biology will be considered.
Thank you, Mike Taylor.

CARDIFF SCHOOL OF BIOSCIENCES
Seven New Faculty Positions

To maintain and enhance its reputation as a centre of international
research and teaching excellence the Cardiff School of Biosciences
wishes to make up to seven appointments within the full range from
lecturer to professor.

Research in the School is focussed primarily in the areas of
Biodiversity and Ecological Processes, Connective Tissue Biology,
Environmental Biochemistry, Mammalian Genetics, Molecular Cell
Biology and Neuroscience and further details regarding these groups
can be found at http://www. cardiff.ac.uk/biosi/research.

We aim, in particular, to make appointments in the areas of Mammalian
Genetics, Neuroscience and Molecular Cell Biology. The School will,
however, welcome applications from outstanding candidates working in
other areas of biosciences.

The 2001 Research Assessment Exercise established Cardiff in the top
7 UK research universities.  The Cardiff School of Biosciences offers
an excellent research environment supported by state-of-the-art
facilities that enable numerous opportunities for interdisciplinary
collaboration.  We have a high reputation for teaching at all levels
and gained 'excellent' in all our submissions to the TQA panels.  We
seek individuals who have clearly-defined research goals and with the
potential to develop a well-funded, internationally-competitive
research programme.

Any scientist wishing to take advantage of this exciting opportunity
should make their application to the University enclosing a CV and
full details of publications and research grant income.  An
indication of research plans should also be included.  A covering
letter of application, setting out personal career aspirations,
should be attached.  The letter should also specify details of the
post currently held by the applicant and the level of appointment
sought at Cardiff.  It would also be helpful if the addresses
(including email addresses where possible) of three referees were
included.

An application form may be downloaded from
http://www.cf.ac.uk/jobs/026/ or from Cardiff University, Personnel
Section, 50, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT.

--
Dr Michael V. Taylor ,
School of Biosciences,

Tel:  029 2087 5881 (office)