mapping of mutations

Diana Cleppien wolfgang_diana at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 09:10:20 EST 2003

Dear all,
after an EMS mutagenesis I am using the Bloomington
deficiency kit to map some
interesting mutants. Now I have a question concerning
the following procedure. Using
GadFly I have the list of genes located in the
according region. When I look for a single
gene (e.g. espinas) in FlyBase I get a slightly
different locus (42F2-3) from that in GadFly
(42E5-7). This happens in most of the cases. Since I
have to get together the breakpoints
of the deficiencies, the locus ot the genes according
to FlyBase and to GadFly I am
confused how to proceed. Or do I have to check every
gene that eventually comes into
question?
Thanks for your help

Diana Cleppien