Research Technician Position Available

John Charles Sisson sisson at icmb.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:06:36 EST 2003

I am looking for a qualified research assistant to work in my laboratory at
The University of Texas at Austin.  The successful applicant will become an
integral part of our research efforts to elucidate the roles of membrane
transport and the cytoskeleton in early Drosophila morphogenesis.  The
position will also provide opportunities to interact with an active
Drosophila research community.  A specific job description is shown below.

€ Title: Lab Research Assistant II
€ Start date: ASAP
€ Starting Salary: Competitive
€ The successful candidate will work closely with the principal investigator
and a staff research scientist doing Drosophila cell and developmental
biology research.  General responsibilities will include: equipment and
supply ordering, and experimental research.
€ Applicants should have a bachelor¹s degree in biology or biochemistry,
have previous lab experience in biochemistry, cell biology, and/or
Drosophila genetics, be organized, responsible, and able to commit to the
position for a minimum of 2 years.
€ If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and the contact
information of 2-3 references to sisson at icmb.utexas.edu
€ See the indicated internet links for additional information about my lab
(http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/mcdb/) and biological research at The
University of Texas at Austin (http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/mcdb/ and
http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/).

---