CO2 pad blotting paper

Jena L. Pitman j-pitman at northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 15 16:02:42 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

Our lab uses the type of CO2 pad for anaesthetizing flies that requires a
blotting paper type material and nitex nylon to be stretched over the top
of the pad. The paper that we've been using came with a kit sold by Applied
Scientific that included the pads, the paper, and Nitex nylon. We have
never really found the blotting paper in the kit to be porous enough (for
reference, the product number is GB002). Does anyone have any suggestions
for a thinner type of paper to use that will work better that that sold by
Applied Scientific?

Thanks

Jena Pitman

Jena L. Pitman
NUIN Graduate Student, Allada Lab
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.  USA
j-pitman at northwestern.edu
847-467-7785 (lab)

---