POST-DOC POSITION AVAILABLE (UK)

Mike Taylor TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 12:40:04 EST 2003

I would be grateful if you could post the following information on
post-doc position  available in my lab.

Dear All,
I am seeking a post-doc to study gene expression during Drosophila
muscle differentiation.  The project is to look at enhancer
organisation and activity in Drosophila muscle genes and will use
microarrays and bioinformatics. It's all aimed towards an
understanding of how one makes a muscle and should turn out to be
very interesting!

Applicants should have, or shortly will have, a PhD in a relevant
research area.  Experience in  microarrays, bioinformatics and
molecular techniques would be advantageous.  As is an enthusiasm for
muscle biology and/or gene expression.  The position is suitable as a
first post-doc, but is also appropriate for someone a bit more
experienced looking for a stepping stone to independence.

If you are interested, please email me as soon as possible at
TaylorMV at cf.ac.uk.  The formal closing date is March 13th, 2003.
Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested, I would be very
grateful if you could draw his/her attention to the position.  The
project is supported by the BBSRC for 3 years.  The start date is
flexible.

My lab is housed in the Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff
University, Wales, UK.  The School continues to actively expand
following the appointment to Director of Professor Martin Evans FRS,
who was awarded the Lasker Prize (2001) for his work on ES cells.
The University is situated in the heart of the vibrant city of
Cardiff, which is two hours by train from London, has a wealth of
cultural and sporting attractions, and is surrounded by diverse and
beautiful countryside.

Many thanks,
Mike Taylor PhD.
--