Research Assistant Position Available

John Charles Sisson sisson at icmb.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 14 09:09:33 EST 2003

I am looking for a qualified research assistant to work in my
laboratory at The University of Texas at Austin.  The successful
applicant will become an integral part of our research efforts to
elucidate the roles of membrane transport and the cytoskeleton in
early Drosophila morphogenesis.  The position will also provide
opportunities to interact with an active Drosophila research
community.  A specific job description is shown below.

* Title: Lab Research Assistant III
* Start date: ASAP
* Starting Salary: Competitive
* The successful candidate will work closely with the principal
investigator and a staff research scientist doing Drosophila cell and
developmental biology research.  General responsibilities will
include: equipment and supply ordering, and experimental research.
* Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in biology or
biochemistry, have previous lab experience in biochemistry, cell
biology, and/or Drosophila genetics, be organized, responsible, and
able to commit to the position for a minimum of 2 years.
* If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and the contact
information of 2-3 references to sisson at icmb.utexas.edu
* See the indicated internet links for additional information about
my lab (http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/mcdb/) and biological research
at The University of Texas at Austin
(http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/mcdb/ and http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/).

John C. Sisson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Section of Molecular Cell & Developmental Biology, and
The Institute for Cellular & Molecular Biology

Office:(512) 475-7561
Lab: (512) 475-7562
Fax: (512) 471-3878
Email: sisson at icmb.utexas.edu