No subject given

Kelly Beumer kelly at
Fri Mar 14 09:09:38 EST 2003

Hi, Tony,
I am thinking about making gateway vectors as well, and saw that
Terry Murphy at the Carnegie institute has made a few that will be
available to the community soon. Did you get any input on this note
you posted last october on flybase?

ref: bionet.drosophila:148

Fly gurus,
         We're wondering if there is any experience using p element
transformation vectors (for example pUAST) made by gateway cloning
(invitrogen).   Is there any difference in expression or mobilization
from a p-element having the 20-odd basepair recombination site
internally in the polylinker?  We are making  p-element transformation
plasmids this way, but would like to know if we are getting ourselves
into trouble.

Thanks for lettling me know!

Kelly Beumer
Biochemistry Department