Funebris group

sflores at conductor.med.uchile.cl sflores at conductor.med.uchile.cl
Fri Nov 14 09:03:17 EST 2003

Hello:

I am working in my PhD thesis. Recently I discovered a new cactophilic
Drosophila specie living in Chile, belonging to the Funebris group. There
are very few systematic works in this group, almost of them are PhD thesis
in the University of Texas (between 1940-1950). I have the some questions:

1) Where are deposited strains of D. multispina and D. subfunebris?
2) I need a copy of the chapter: "The phylogeny, ecology and geography of
Drosophila. Throckmorton LH (1975). In handbook of genetics, Vol III (R.
King ed.), Where I can obtain this?
3) Who is working in evolutionary aspects of the Funebris group?

Thanks

Sergio Flores Carrasco
Programa de Genética Humana
Instituto de Ciencias Biomédicas
Facultad de Medicina - Universidad de Chile
Casilla 70061 Correo 7 Santiago-Chile
Fono: +56-2-6786451
Fax: +56-2-7373158