good lines for undergrad lab

Lev Yampolsky yampolsk at mail.etsu.edu
Wed Nov 19 09:12:20 EST 2003

Hello all,

    I am planning to switch from the lines I currently use in Genetics
lab for di- (independent inheritance) and trihybrid (mapping) crosses to
lines with higher fitness. I am currently using Carolina's e-vg for
independent inheritance and b-vg-bw for 3-pt mapping. Of course there
are many possibilities both at Carolina and at Bloomington, but I would
like to ask around before making a choice. I'd prefer clearly visible
(body/eye color) mutations on 2 or 3 (sex linkage is a separate lab).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Please e-mail to yampolsk at mail.etsu.edu in addition to posting here.

--

Lev Yampolsky