good lines for undergrad lab

Chris Jones 6kuritaro at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 12:51:32 EST 2003

In article <3FBA822E.44F527A5 at mail.etsu.edu>,
 yampolsk at mail.etsu.edu (Lev Yampolsky) wrote:

>     I am planning to switch from the lines I currently use in Genetics
> lab for di- (independent inheritance) and trihybrid (mapping) crosses to
> lines with higher fitness. I am currently using Carolina's e-vg for
> independent inheritance and b-vg-bw for 3-pt mapping. Of course there
> are many possibilities both at Carolina and at Bloomington, but I would
> like to ask around before making a choice. I'd prefer clearly visible
> (body/eye color) mutations on 2 or 3 (sex linkage is a separate lab).

At the Fly Meeting several year ago, Michael Kotarski described lines
for undergraduate labs:

http://genetics.faseb.org/genetics/gsa/dros/dros2001/workshop-abs-2.htm

Chris Jones

--
To reply by email, please remove the initial digit from my address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!