go-go-dancing drosophila (eag mutation)

Juergen Heubach jheu at gmx.de
Fri Oct 3 10:11:21 EST 2003

Dear friends,

I am working on the electrophysiology of HERG channels, the human "analogue"
of the drosophila eag K+ channel. I have heard about the phenomenon that the
eag mutant drosophila start leg shaking under ether anesthesia. However, I
have never seen this behaviour. Is there anybody who could send me a short
digitalized video sequence, that demonstrates the behaviour of the flies (either
eag mutant or another mutant with similar behaviour)? That would be great.
Thank you.

Best regards,

Jürgen (jheu at gmx.de)

---