Exelixis EP Lines

Thom Kaufman kaufman at bio.indiana.edu
Sun Oct 12 10:29:29 EST 2003

Exelixis EP Line Announcement

Colleagues,
We are in the process of consolidating the fly collection at Exelixis
and are working towards the goal of making larger numbers of our fly
stocks available to the not-for-profit Drosophila research community.
As part of this initiative, we will no longer serve as the US
distribution center for the Rorth collection EP stocks. To effect a
smooth transition, and to ensure that the most valuable stocks will
continue to be easily obtained by the fly community, we are
collaborating closely with both the Gene Disruption Project (GDP) and
the Bloomington Stock Center.  As part of this process, the GDP has
analyzed the genes tagged by the Rorth/EP collection, conducted
side-by-side comparisons with existing transposon tagged lines, and has
selected 400 stocks for retention at Bloomington.  These stocks tag
novel genes and were chosen to complement the increasing number of
insertion lines available through the efforts of the GDP (see
http://flypush.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu/pscreen/).   We are working with the
Bloomington Stock Center to facilitate the transfer of these stocks as
soon as possible. The entire insertion collection, in addition to the X
insertion lines already held at Bloomington, is still available from
the Szeged center in Europe.

If you have questions regarding insertions selected by the GDP, please
contact Hugo Bellen at hbellen at bcm.tmc.edu Any specific correspondence
for Exelixis may be directed to Helen Francis-Lang: helen at exelixis.com