Exelixis EP Line Announcement

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Sun Oct 12 10:39:07 EST 2003

Exelixis EP Line Announcement

Colleagues,
We are in the process of consolidating the fly collection at Exelixis and
are working towards the goal of making larger numbers of our fly stocks
available to the not-for-profit Drosophila research community. As part of
this initiative, we will no longer serve as the US distribution center for
the Rorth collection EP stocks. To effect a smooth transition, and to
ensure that the most valuable stocks will continue to be easily obtained by
the fly community, we are collaborating closely with both the Gene
Disruption Project (GDP) and the Bloomington Stock Center. As part of this
process, the GDP has analyzed the genes tagged by the Rorth/EP collection,
conducted side-by-side comparisons with existing transposon tagged lines,
and has selected 400 stocks for retention at Bloomington. These stocks tag
novel genes and were chosen to complement the increasing number of
insertion lines available through the efforts of the GDP (see
http://flypush.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu/pscreen/).  We are working with the
Bloomington Stock Center to facilitate the transfer of these stocks as soon
as possible. The entire insertion collection, in addition to the X
insertion lines already held at Bloomington, is still available from the
Szeged center in Europe.

If you have questions regarding insertions selected by the GDP, please
contact Hugo Bellen at hbellen at bcm.tmc.edu. Any specific correspondence for
Exelixis may be directed to Helen Francis-Lang: helen at exelixis.com

---