mosaik flies

Olaf Vef ovef at uni-mainz.de
Thu Apr 15 09:05:14 EST 2004

Dear drosophilists,

for many years I was able to show students gynander in my genetic course.
Unfortunately the stock I used died. It had the following genotype:

In(1)dl-49 y w lz                  In(1)dl-49 y w
lz                       R(1)wvC
-----------------------
male,       ------------------------  female,       ------------ female
    R(1)wvC                              Yy+
    Yy+

My question to you is now, has anybody of you a batch of this stock or may
be an other stock producing gynandromorphic (mosaics) flies (heat shock
induced for example)?

It would be great if somebody could send me such a stock or could tell me
who I can ask for it.

Thank you very much in advance,
Olaf

Dr. Olaf Vef