Recently-domesticated wild populations

Jean-Claude Walser jcwalser at midway.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 23 18:02:05 EST 2004

Dear bionet members,

As part of an investigation of naturally-occurring transposition into
heat-shock genes, we are interested in screening Drosophila
melanogaster populations recently collected from the wild.  We hope
to examine a world-wide sample of populations collected from diverse
environments.  If you have  a recently (2000 or later) collected
population of reasonable size that you'd be willing to share, please
get in touch.  Some regions are already represented in our
collection, but we would be particularly interested in populations
from the following regions:

	USA north of Arizona and west of the the Mississippi River
	Canada
	Europe outside of France
	Asia outside of India
	Pacific Oceania

We are looking forward to hear from you.

Kindest regards,

Jean-Claude

--

Jean-Claude Walser
Department of Organismal Biology & Anatomy
The University of Chicago
Chicago IL 60637
USA

Telephone: (773) 834-0467