chromatogram for eye pigments

Jennifer Westfall and Dee Drake deejen6769 at
Sat Apr 24 16:17:46 EST 2004

I am a Bio 103 student who recently conducted an experiment regarding eye pigments in drosophila.  We excised the heads of the flies, crushed them onto a line on paper, and then soaked the cylinder in ammonia for an hour and a half.  We then dried the sample and looked at the results under UV light.  Two of our samples did not turn out.  However, I have the results from the other five and don't really know what to do with them.  My lab write-up is due Monday... If anyone out there can offer research advice or assist me in answering the post lab questions with background information, let me know.  Thank you very much!