[bio.dros]a postdoctoral position

Yutaka Nibu yun2001 at med.cornell.edu
Wed Apr 28 09:07:26 EST 2004

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study mechanisms
of transcriptional repression in the Drosophila. We are focusing on
the role of transcriptional corepressors, dCtBP and others, in
short-range repression.  Another project aims to understand
development of head region in the early embryo. We will identify
transcriptional activators and repressors .  Yeast two-hybrid assays,
in vitro binding assays, protein purification, creation of transgenic
flies, in situ hybridization, RNAi in flies and/or tissue cultures,
and bioinformatics will be employed.

Ref) #1: Nibu et al (1998) Science 280, 101. #2: Nibu et al (1998)
EMBO J. 17, 7009. #3: Mannervik et al (1999) Science 284, 606. #4:
Nibu et al (2002) EMBO J. 20, 2246. #5: Nibu and Levine (2001) PNAS
98, 6204. #6: Berman et al (2002) PNAS 99, 757. #7: Nibu et al (2003)
Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 3990.

Candidates should have experience in either Drosophila genetics,
Biochemistry, Cell or Developmental Biology, or Molecular Biology.
Applicants must have either a Ph.D. or MD and less than three years
of postdoctoral experience.  Applicants should send a cover letter, a
CV, and names of 3 references to the address below (e-mail is
preferred).

Yutaka Nibu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology,
Weill Medical College of Cornell University,
1300 York Avenue - Box 60, A308,
New York, NY 10021, USA
e-mail:   yun2001 at med.cornell.edu
http://www.cornellphysicians.com/ynibu