First Announcement of MOSQUITO Crete Meeting 05

Kitsos Louis louis at imbb.forth.gr
Fri Dec 3 14:09:20 EST 2004

****************************
EMBO Workshop
"Molecular and Population Biology of Mosquitoes and Other Disease
Vectors"

This is the first announcement of an EMBO Workshop to be held 24 - 31
July 2005 in Kolymbari, Crete, Greece. This meeting follows a very
successful one held two years earlier at the same venue, which
concentrated on mosquitoes. This time, the theme has been expanded to
include all arthropod disease vectors.

Although we managed to increase the number of participants to be
accepted, we expect applications to exceed the availability of slots.
Therefore, participants will be chosen by the International Organizing
Committee based on CV and research statement to be submitted along with
their application. The Organizing Committee strongly encourages
applications from scientists working in Disease Endemic Countries. It
is expected that all participants from DECs will again receive a
financial aid (all local expenses covered in addition to a partial
reimbursement of the air fare -in 2003, up to 1200 Euro)

The application process will be handled electronically only. The form
to be filled will be posted in January 2005, along with additional
organizational details, on the Workshop’s URL:

http://www.anobase.org/AnoBase/Conferences/home_page.html

Prof. Christos (Kitsos) Louis
IMBB-FORTH & Dept. Biol., U. Crete
Vassilika Vouton