looking for deficiencies

Stefan Luschnig luschnig at cmgm.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:28:54 EST 2004

there is a deficiency, Df(3L)85, that was created from excising a region
flanked by two FRTs in 67A and 67C, respectively. You can also use these
to create a duplication of the same region.
It is described in

Golic, 1994
Local transposition of P elements in Drosophila melanogaster and
recombination between duplicated elements using a site-specific
recombinase. Genetics 137(2): 551--563

I made the deficiency starting from flies carrying the two flanking
FRTs. I'll check if the stock still exists in my old lab...

luschnig at stanford.edu