Post a message on bionet.drosophila

Michael Ladomery Michael.Ladomery at uwe.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 12:23:54 EST 2004

Hello,
I'm trying to post a message online to bionet.drosophila,
but it's not working- I think my PC configurations don't
work. I wonder if you could post the following on my behalf
please? much appreciated!

Title: New gene in search of a function: please help!

Dear colleague,
I've been interested in an unusual family of zinc finger
proteins, of which I cloned the Xenopus version (C4SR;
known as Znf265 in mice and ZIS in human). These proteins
have two highly conserved zinc fingers in the N-terminus,
an acidic domain, and an SR domain. There is evidence that
these proteins bind RNA and possibly splice factors.
There is absolutely zero information about genetic function
in any species (C.elegans RNAi resulted in no detectable
phenotype; nothing elsewhere). I note there is a putative
homologue in Drosophila (see CG3732) inclusing, apparently,
an uncharacterised mutant line.
As I don't have expertise in Drosophila, I'm looking for a
collaborator who'd be willing to at least characterise the
phenotype of the above line; and/or knock this gene out
or even do an RNAi assay!
Best regards
Dr Michael Ladomery

Dr. Michael Ladomery, Senior Lecturer,
Genomics Lab, Faculty of Applied Sciences,
University of the West of England,
Bristol BS16 1QY, UK.
Email: Michael.Ladomery at uwe.ac.uk

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software

---