Postdoctoral position

Jesse Martinez jmartinez at azcc.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 26 08:48:26 EST 2004

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study the role
that 14-3-3 proteins play in controlling the cell cycle and chromosome
stability using Drosophila as a model system.  Genetic instability is
a hallmark of cancer and in one form of instability chromosome
segregation is disrupted leading abnormal chromosome numbers and
anneuploidy.  We have recently determined that some 14-3-3 proteins
promote anneuploidy in mammalian cells and we are now examining this
using Drosophila genetics to understand the mechanism by which this
occurs.  The successful candiate will work in a collaborative project
with fly geneticists and cancer researchers with an emphasis on
translating findings in Drosophila to lung cancer research.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. and experience in fly work.  Experience
in molecular genetics would be useful.
For more information please contact Jesse Martinez at
jmartinez at azcc.arizona.edu or phone 520-626-4250.  Interested
applicants should submit a current CV and three letters of reference
to Jesse Martinez, University of Arizona, Arizona Cancer Center, 1515
N. Campbell Ave., P.O. Box 245024, Tucson, Arizona 85724 USA.