Meeting: Drosophila functional biologists/physiologists

Julian Dow j.a.t.dow at
Mon Oct 18 11:29:33 EST 2004

We all know about the famous Drosophila meeting, which will next be held in
San Diego in March. However, by a happy coincidence, the world's leading
physiology congress (the IUPS) will be in town on exactly the same dates.
Kevin Strange and I have contributed to the 'Genomics' theme of this latter
meeting, and it has some very interesting model organism/genomics themes.
The program is at
Our starting position in getting fly, worm, mouse and Arabidopsis into the
IUPS meeting is that functional genomics will increasingly involve people
who do real function, rather than just molecular biology. If this strikes a
chord with you, and if you would like to interact with/set out your wares
to the world's biggest physiological congress, please consider contributing
papers to this meeting too! You're only a taxi ride away.
(In answer to your unspoken question, I've already asked the organisers of
both meetings if they would permit free cross-registration, but I'm still
waiting to hear from the fly meeting organisers.)
Prof. Julian A.T. Dow         IBLS Division of Molecular Genetics,
           University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK
Phone: +44 141 330 4616                      FAX: +44 141 330 4878
email: j.a.t.dow at                 WWW: