website posting

Rebecca Petersen Brown rpbrown at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 21 14:41:23 EST 2004

Please post on your website:

"
I am trying to amplify 2 kb regions in the promoters of Drosophila genes and
need a very high fidelity enzyme. I cannot tolerate any PCR errors. I have
tried MasterAmp Extra Long Polymerase Mix from Epicentre Technologies but it
is encorporates too many errors. I have been trouble shooting with
Stratagene's PfuUltra Hot Start High Fidelity enzymes but I did not find
appropriate sized bands even after many attempts to modify annealing
temperature, and modifying amounts of DMSO, template DNA, salts, dNTPs,
enzyme, or primers. Does anyone recommend a very high-fidelity enzyme for
amplification of 2kb from Drosophila genomic DNA?

Thanks,
Becca Brown
rpbrown at uchicago.edu
"