dsRNAi positive control

Man Mohan Man.Mohan at gen.bio.uni-giessen.de
Sat Oct 23 11:17:40 EST 2004

Hi

I am planning to use dsRNA to silence my gene of interest in
Drosophila S2 cell line.  I am wondering which positive control should
I use.  I dont have an S2 cell line having integration of luciferase
or GFP.
Also, I do have an antibody for my gene of interest, but would go for
first for RT-PCR as I dont have any other common antibody to see the
expression of a given positive control.  By the way,  I expect that
the dsRNA to my gene shall arrest the cell cycle.

Your suggestions and help will be appreciated.

man mohan
Institute for Genetics
Justus-Liebig University
Heinrich-Buff-Ring 58