FlAsH and ReAsH labeling & EM

Kylie Gorringe kylie.gorringe at jcu.edu.au
Wed Sep 22 09:11:14 EST 2004

Hi,
I am having trouble using the Lumio kits marketed by Invitrogen for
labelling tetracysteine motifs. I am getting a lot of background
labelling in cells lacking my recombinant protein, and the suggestions
from Invitrogen haven't helped much. Does anyone have an optimised
method for this type of labelling in Drosophila, for example of S2
cells, embryos, or other tissues? In addition, has anyone had success
using ReAsH for photoconversion of DAB for EM?

I would really appreciate it if anyone has protocols they could email to
me at kylie.gorringe at jcu.edu.au

Thanks!
Kylie Gorringe