[Drosophila] PEP transposon jumpout mutagenesis

Man Mohan Man.Mohan at gen.bio.uni-giessen.de
Sat Aug 6 15:54:50 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to make a jumpout of a PEP transposon sitting on the 3L (in my
gene).  My first trial where I generated about 60 lines white eyed lines
failed to give any imprecise jumpout.  Has anyone tried making a imprecise
jumpout of a PEP element.  How many lines I should generate to get a
imprecise jumpout. I am interested in deleting a chunk of genomic DNA, which
might give me a better understanding of the functions of the gene, where
this pep is sitting.

Thanks a lot in advance.

man