pUAST derivative

Gillian Millburn (Genetics) gm119 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 11:54:23 EST 2005

Hi Robert,

there is a vector that might be useful to you - it is "UAS-Stinger"
which was described in:

Barolo et al., 2000
GFP and beta-galactosidase transformation vectors for promoter/enhancer
analysis in Drosophila. BioTechniques 29(4): 726--732

and is also in GenBank as AF242366.

The vector has a UAS-nuclearEGFP marker which is flanked by Su(Hw) binding
sites and also a white+ marker. I don't know whether you could chop out the
GFP and put in whatever coding region you wanted ?

The FlyBase pages with all the info we have about this construct are:

http://fbserver.gen.cam.ac.uk:7081/.bin/fbidq.html?FBtp0013491

and

http://fbserver.gen.cam.ac.uk:7081/.bin/fbidq.html?FBmc0002845

(this second page lists the restriction sites present in the construct
which are described in the BioTechniques paper)

hope that is helpful,

Gillian

Gillian Millburn.

FlyBase (Cambridge),
Department of Genetics,
University of Cambridge,
Downing Street,                       email: gm119 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Cambridge,  CB2 3EH,                  Ph : 01223-333963
UK.                                   FAX: 01223-333992

FlyBase: http://fbserver.gen.cam.ac.uk/