postdoctoral position

per.kylsten_4Hq4 at sh.se per.kylsten_4Hq4 at sh.se
Wed Jan 26 15:34:38 EST 2005

One postdoctoral fellowship is presently available to study cell
signalling and cell cycle control during Drosophila organogenesis. Our
primary foci of interests are on Rhomboid-protease family release of
signals and peripheral sensory organ organogenesis, respectively. We
are looking for applicants with previous training in protein
biochemistry and preferably also knowledge in fly biology, and
molecular genetics.

Our lab consists of two PIs and five PhD students, and is a part of
Södertörns högskola, a new university situated 20 kms south of the
Stockholm city centre. Communications are excellent. The university has
a strong focus on developmental biology, e.g.we have two C.elegans labs
and one zebrafish lab as our corridor neighbours. The south branch of
Karolinska institutet is also present on the campus, providing for
further collaborations and excellent seminar series.

The fellowship is open to start immediately and runs for one year after
the starting date, with the possibility for a one-year extension. A
later starting date is also possible.

Applications should contain a CV, with a description of the applicant's
research history. A paper copy letter of reference, which should be
sent separately, is also required.

For information and formal applications, contact:

Per Kylsten
Södertörns högskola
141 89 Huddinge
Sweden
ph. +46 (0)8 6437908

To email - remove the underscore and the four character before the "at"
sign.

email: per.kylsten_4Hq4 at sh.se

Selected references:

M. Gallio, G. Sturgill, P. Rather, P. Kylsten. (2002) "A conserved
mechanism for extracellular signalling in eucaryotes and procaryotes"
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 99 (19):12208-12213.

M. Gallio, C. Englund, P. Kylsten, C.  Samakovlis. (2004) "Rhomboid-3
orchestrates Slit-independent repulsion of tracheal branches at the CNS
midline" Development, 131 (15):3605-3614

Per Kylsten
Developmental biology
Södertörns högskola
141 89 Huddinge, Sweden