[Drosophila] New Drosophila White Paper

dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Fri Jun 3 14:41:29 EST 2005

Dear Fly Person,

I am writing to ask for your comments on the Drosophila Board White Paper
2005 draft.  The White Paper is extremely important for informing funding
agencies including the NIH and NSF of our top research priorities for the
next 2-3 years.  Past White Papers have helped to justify funding for
valuable community resources such as insertion mutations, cDNA collections,
FlyBase and fly and molecular stock centers.

The Drosophila Board White Paper 2005 draft has been assembled by the Board
of Directors based on input from many members of the community.  For it to
accurately reflect the community's priorities, we need your input now.
Please download the draft and send me your comments.  Do you agree with the
priorities?  Is something important to your research missing?  Are there
things in the document you do not agree with?

Please send comments even if it is only to endorse the White Paper.  The
White Paper is most powerful when it is backed by everyone in the research
community including students, postdocs and PI¹s.  Your opinion matters!

Download the Drosophila Board White Paper 2005 draft at:
<http://flybase.net/.data/docs/CommunityWhitePapers/>

Send comments to lynn.cooley at yale.edu with ³white paper² on the subject
line.

Deadline for comments: June 20, 2005.