[Drosophila] Peter Kolodziej's lab shutdown

dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Thu May 19 15:26:06 EST 2005

Dear Fly Community:

As many of you may already know, Dr. Peter Alexander Kolodziej, our colleague in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, died unexpectedly at his home in Nashville, TN, on Thursday, March 3, 2005.

The Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and the Program in Developmental Biology have established the "Kolodziej Family Fund" for Dr. Kolodziej's wife and children. In addition, we have also catalogued Dr. Kolodziej's fly stocks, many of which are available for distribution to the fly community. Please note that these stocks will be discarded on June 15, 2005. Thus, any requests for them need to be submitted to us before that date.

For information on how to contribute to the "Kolodziej Family Fund" and on fly stocks or other reagents available for distribution, please visit www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/devbio and follow the corresponding links.

Best regards,

Daniela Drummond-Barbosa, Ph.D. and Laura Lee, M.D., Ph.D.

Daniela Drummond-Barbosa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
4120B Medical Research Building III
465 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-8240
Office phone: 615-936-3620