[Drosophila] some news

dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Wed May 25 14:12:25 EST 2005

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research is pleased to announce the launch of
FLIGHT, http://flight.licr.org/, a new public Drosophila database. FLIGHT
is a database that has been designed to facilitate the integration of data
from high-throughput experiments carried out in Drosophila cell culture.

The database includes information about Drosophila cell lines to aid the
design of RNAi experiments in cell culture, phenotypic information from
published cell-based RNAi screens, gene expression data from a number of
Drosophila cell lines, protein interaction data, together with novel tools
to cross-correlate these diverse datasets.

We believe that FLIGHT will complement existing Drosophila databases and
will prove useful to researchers working in other organisms who are looking
for a simple way to navigate their way through the fly genome.

To help ensure that FLIGHT makes a valuable contribution to the Drosophila
community, we would welcome your feedback. In addition, we would happily
collaborate with other groups wishing make FLIGHT a home for related
datasets and tools.

All the best

Buzz Baum and David Sims

FLIGHT is part of LIBRA, http://libra.licr.org/, a knowledge-base developed
by the Bio-informatics and Systems Biology group at the UCL branch of the
Ludwig.

Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research - UCL branch
91 Riding House St
London W1W 7BS
UK

(tel)  +44 207 878 4044