[Drosophila] question for posting...

dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu dros at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Tue May 31 13:47:54 EST 2005

I have two questions about Drosop. techniques.  Is it possible to have an
inducible promoter system (not gal4) that can be controlled by something like
heat shock or the tet system?  THe problem I am trying to address is how to
induce transcription of a system in stage 10A-14 follicle cells.

Also, is it possible to specifically express RNAi in certain cells in the
drosop. at very specific developmental timing?  For instance, I am trying to
knock out a transcription complex gene at stage 10A in follicle cell
development...how would I go about doing that?

thanks for your advice!
jackie