[Drosophila] Adding a white[+] marker to pBeloBAC

Trav travis.johnson at sci.monash.edu.au
Sun Nov 20 22:41:07 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently playing with a 16.5kb gene construct (including tandem
repeats) with the next step being Dros transformation. pBeloBAC
(Sekelsky lab) is the transformation vector of choice for obvious
reasons, however it lacks a white[+] marker. I was considering adding
the white[+] from pCasper, although upon viewing its molecular map,
there appears to be w fragments on the "outside" of P ends... that I
assume are not incorporated? Based on this, I guess that they are not
required for white expression once transformed and need not be included
in pBeloBAC. Would this be true?

Thanks for any advice,

Trav