[Drosophila] Bloomington Stock Center end-of-year shipping schedule

Kathy Matthews matthewk at fly.bio.indiana.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:11:59 EST 2005

REMINDER

The Bloomington Stock Center does not ships stocks during the
last two to three weeks of December. The combination of cold
weather, the holiday mail crunch, and departmental holiday
closings makes this a poor time for shipping stocks. Our
experience was that a large proportion of stocks mailed
during this period did not reach the recipient alive and had
to be reshipped in January. We now close to the public during
this interval and use this time for once-a-year projects and
staff holidays. Please plan ahead and order any stocks you
will need in mid December or early January before we close
the order on the last shipment of 2005.

    * Orders of 30 stocks or fewer received by 8 am EST on
    December 9 will be included in the December 13th shipment
    (our last shipment of 2005). Requests for larger numbers
    of stocks may be delayed until 2006.

    * Orders received after the deadline will be shipped in
    January of 2006.

Kathy Matthews 	        	Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology           http://flystocks.bio.indiana.edu
Indiana University              812-855-5782 phone
1001 E. 3rd St.                 812-855-2577 fax
Bloomington, IN  47405-7005     matthewk at indiana.edu