[Drosophila] proboscis mutants

Rebecca Petersen Brown rpbrown at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 10 21:39:38 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm a research scientist at The University of Chicago. We're
interested in using the Advance Photon Source to visualize
aberrations in the sclerotized parts of the adult D.mel.
head, including the proboscis. We know of several mutants of
the Proboscis Extension Reflex (PER). Are there other
strains of flies with anatomical or locomotory aberrations
of the mouthparts? If so, would you be willing to share them?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Becca Brown
Rebecca Petersen Brown
NSF Postdoc. Fellow in Interdisciplinary Informatics
The University of Chicago
Dept. of Organismal Biology & Anatomy
1027 E. 57th St.
Chicago IL 60637