[Drosophila] New System in ordering Drosophila Stocks from DGRC, Kyoto Stock Center

YAMAMOTO, MasaToshi yamamoto at kit.jp
Thu Apr 6 23:40:16 EST 2006

To DGRC users, Drosophila researchers,

Drosophila Genetic Resource Center, Kyoto Institute of Technology will
start to charge fees for shipping fly stocks. The fee consists of an
annual registration fee, cost of food, vials, plugs, a box and handling
cost per shipment and postage.

We accept payments only with a credit card (VISA or Master Card at
present). We run online payment system by credit card through a
cryptographically protected connection, SSL (Secure Socket Layer).

Please refer to Payment and Fee Information at
http://kyotofly.kit.jp/stocks/paymentinfo.html.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

1. We temporally close the server (user-registration, search and order)
for the renewal of our ordering system. The new DGRC web site will be
open on 17 April 2006.

2. Before ordering fly stocks, please register yourself as a DGRC user.
  We must ask previous DGRC users, who have already hold DGRC ID, to
enter the Web site and register again in order to obtain new DGRC user
ID. DGRC ID and password will be sent automatically in several seconds
upon the registration.

3. Most of you may need transgenic flies. During registration, please
carefully read questions about the use of transgenic flies. We will not
send transgenic flies to the person who has not completed all the
necessary questionnaires about your laboratory situations. Transgenic
flies of DGRC are under the regulation of Japanese laws and the
Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety of the Convension on Biological Diversity.

The URL will be
http://kyotofly.kit.jp/stocks/

If you have any questions, please contact us at jpn-fly at kit.jp

Masa-Toshi Yamamoto
Professor and Director
Drosophila Genetic Resource Center, Kyoto Institute of Technology
Saga-Ippongi-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8354, JAPAN
Tel +81-75-873-2660
Fax +81-75-861-0881
http://www.DGRC.kit.ac.jp/
http://kyotofly.kit.jp/stocks/