[Drosophila] [DGRC Kyoto Stock Center] Some of GS stocks to be discarded

YAMAMOTO, Masa Toshi via dros%40net.bio.net (by yamamoto At kit.jp)
Thu Dec 7 02:12:31 EST 2006

Announcement on GS stocks to be discarded - Kyoto Stock Center
----------------------------

To streamline stock maintenance, the Kyoto Stock Center will be
discarding approximately 2000 GS stocks whose P-element insertion sites
are overlapping or close together. We will soon be adding 4000 new GS
stocks, bringing the total to around 7000. The insertion sites of these
stocks will either be unique or at least 500 bp apart if in the same CGs
or genes.

A list of stocks to be discarded is available on our website
[http://kyotofly.kit.jp/stocks/discardflies.html].
We will dispose of these stocks between the 18th and 23rd of February,
2007. If you would like to make use of these stocks, please order them
by February 1st, 2007. We will be shipping them by the 15th of February,
2007.

The list also contains non-GS P-insertion stocks: Kiss's collection
overlapped with FRT-lethals of LA, and those where the insertion sites
are unknown.

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

--
 =======
   YAMAMOTO, Masa Toshi