[Drosophila] mammalian promoters in insect cells

Fernando king-ferdi at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 10:08:31 EST 2006

Dear fly experts,

I normally work with mammalian transformed cell lines (CHO, Cos, HeLa),
now I would like to do some experiments in drosophila cells (SL2,
KC167). Ideally I could transfect these cells with one of the constructs
I use for mammalian cells, but I am concerned if the promoters (SV40 and
CMV) will work in insect cells.
I searched the net on this problem and found no answer to this question.

Does anybody of you have experience with these promoters in the cell-
lines mentioned above or can refer to some info on the net?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando