[Drosophila] End-of-year Shipping Schedule at Bloomington Stock center

Kathy Matthews via dros%40net.bio.net (by matthewk At indiana.edu)
Tue Nov 21 11:12:33 EST 2006

The Bloomington Stock Center does not ship stocks during the last
approximately-half of December. The combination of cold weather, the
holiday mail crunch, and departmental holiday closings makes this a poor
time for shipping stocks. Our experience was that a large proportion of
stocks mailed during this period did not reach the recipient alive and
had to be reshipped in January. We now close to the public during this
interval and use this time for once-a-year projects and staff holidays.
Please plan ahead and order any stocks you will need in late December or
early January before we close the order on the last shipment of 2006
(dates and times below). Orders received after the deadline will not be
shipped until January of 2007. If you work outside the U.S. we strongly
encourage you to order stocks no later than November 30.

Orders of 30 stocks or fewer received by 8 am EST on Friday, December 8
will be included in the December 12th shipment.

Orders of 31-100 stocks must be placed by 8 am EST on Friday, December 1
to guarantee shipment during 2006. Requests for larger numbers of stocks
may be delayed until 2007.

Orders received after the deadlines will be shipped in January of 2007.

--
Kathy Matthews
Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center