[Drosophila] Su(var)3-9 deficiency

JMKramer via dros%40net.bio.net (by j.kramer At antrg.umcn.nl)
Fri Nov 24 08:54:53 EST 2006

Hi,

I am looking for a deficiency that covers the whole su(var)3-9 gene.  Does
anybody know of one.  The cytogenetic location is 88E6--8.

I can only find one publicly available deficiency in this region [DF(3R)ea]
and it covers only from 88E7--13 to 89A1.  Thus, 88E6 is still intact and it
is questionable weather 88E7--8 is deleted.  Does anyone know if this
deficiency compliments su(var)3-9 alleles?

Jamie