[Drosophila] Postdoctoral Position

Alexander Shingleton shingle9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 15 09:51:28 EST 2006

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN INTEGRATIVE DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY

A Postdoctoral position is available to study the developmental
regulation of organ and body size in Drosophila. This is an exciting
new research area that combines developmental physiology with
molecular genetics. Current research focuses on the role the insulin-
signaling pathway plays in regulating the relationship between final
organ size and body size, and the influence of organ growth-rates on
the timing of metamorphosis in flies (Shingleton et al. (2005), PLOS
Biology 3 (9); Shingleton (2005), Current Biology 15 (20), R825-R827).

We are a recently established lab, working in newly renovated space
at Michigan State University. We are looking to expand our team with
energetic and career-motivated scientists, who are able to work both
independently and co-operatively with a team. The ideal scientist is
one with a background in cell and molecular biology, developmental
genetics or insect physiology, preferably with an interest in
integrative biology and evolution. A Ph.D. degree is required and the
position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with
experience. This position is limited to applicants who are currently
studying or working in the US or are a permanent U.S. resident or
U.S. citizen.

Please send vita, a statement of research interests, and three
reference contacts to Dr. Alexander Shingleton, shingle9 at msu.edu

Applications will be considered until the position is filled.

Alexander W. Shingleton
Assistant Professor
Ecology, Evolutionary Biology & Behavior Program
Genetics Program

Department of Zoology
Natural Sciences Building
Michigan State University